Black & gray colorblock vneck tee and Five Things About Me
Wearing a size small in this cute basic colorblock pocket tee from Amazon. I like the way it fits, the neutral colors and the pop of leopard print on the pocket. It’s $17 and comes in three color combos. The leggings are also new from Amazon, have a nice fit and are a decent price for $22. The fabric is good quality and on the thicker side, so these will be good for fall.
Even though my schedule on the weekend is pretty similar to my weekdays (until classes start in a few weeks), I still feel a sense of relief when Friday rolls around. Do you?
In that spirit, a couple of weeks ago I posted my first Friday Five Things About Me. I got some good feedback on it, so here’s another five things you probably don’t know about me:
MY FRIDAY FIVE
- What clubs did I participate in at school? In high school, I was somewhat of a loner. Also, I started working when I was 13 years old, and consistently maintained a job throughout high school and college. A few of the places I worked include Boston Market, The Gap, and Target. This didn’t leave a lot of time for extracurricular activities. Once I was an adult, I regretted not being more involved in extracurriculars. I felt so strongly about this that I made sure my twins didn’t have to work in high school (although they are thankfully both working now). I wanted them focused on the joys of being a teenager, something I never quite got the hang of.
- Am I a heavy or light sleeper? I am a LIGHT sleeper, which I attribute to motherhood. I would wake up at the slightest whimper from one of my babies, and I still awaken very easily.
- Do I take leftovers home when I eat out? Ummm, yes. Obsessively! I have OCD when it comes to wasting food, so don’t even get me started on the extremes I will go through. I actually have to stop myself sometimes, depending on the situation.
- Can I be alone without feeling lonely? This is another resounding YES. Perhaps to a fault. I can be withdrawn and introverted at times. I am definitely not a huge talker. If you follow along on my Instagram, you know that I am no chatty Cathy! This is a reflection of who I am (in real life). Being comfortable–even happy–alone lends itself to well to studying and writing, which have consumed my life for the past two years in my MA program, and will continue to define the rest of my years. However, I try to be mindful to the needs of my loved ones and not make them feel unwanted or unloved.
- Would I ever take back someone who cheated? I have in the past, but I don’t know that I would do it again.
Cheers to the weekend!